Cute Pink Kaoani Anime Reviews: Pokemon

Saturday 20 July 2013

Pokemon

Alright people let's start with a classic:

Jesus, I don't even know where to start. Since we are talking about the anime (and not the games) I think the whole thing started at 1999 or so right?
 I started watching Pokemon during 2000-2001 when I was still a child and didn't understand much. The thing is that the Pokemon series has evoluted so much since then that I really didn't bother watching the whole first season (or second or third) all over again. The graphics are not my style, the story is ,let's admit it, boring so I am not going to refer to it much. I'll mainly review the Best Wishes Series because I've watched more episodes than any of the other seasons of Pokemon.
When I first started watching it I expected to see Team Plasma, being the main Villains and to see hot guy N ,from day till night. I was utterly dissapointed. When I heard though that in the 23rd and 24th episode Team Plasma will make their first appearance I was so excited.
and then the earthquake in East Japan happened. I feel sorry for Japan, but why did they canceled the broadcasting? I mean they could have posponed it yes, but why cancel it completely.... Ugh.. Two weeks of dreams and hopes went to waste....
 Also, since I first played Black and White I loved the the Shadow Triad.
And I had hoped for even a small appearance in the anime...The makers of the anime though decided otherwise...  The Shadow Triad did make a minor appearance at the animated trailer for Black and White 2,but other than that the trio dissapeared from the media.
Speaking of the animated video; in my opinion it was awesome and they should have started making THIS as a whole anime. Banish Ash (even better kill him, he's useless anyway) and make Kyouhei/Nate the protagonist. He is much cooler, handsome and his Pokemon (especially Samurott/Daikenki) kicks ass. Also the rival is way better than Gary, Trip (even though I like Trip) or Paul.
Now returning to the Best Wishes Series:
I liked what they did with Dent/Cilan ,following Ash around , for sure it was a huge improvement than Brock and the other guys.I also like Iris, far better than Misty (sorry Misty fans).Anyway moving on.

 The Best Wishes Series though, dissapointed me from the first episode. Let's get things from the start alright?  Pikachu has been with Ash for a looooong time. It traveled Kanto,desttroyed Team Rocket, Team Aqua and Magma, Team Galcatic.It have also beaten so many Gym Leaders I'm bored to count. It won many battles with rivals and it undergone hardships and rigorous training and after all this...Ash's Pikacu lost to a fucking Snivy and it's trainer Trip/Shooty whom has just started his journey. When I saw that I wanted to start hitting my head against a wall until it bled.

 What I liked about the BW series though, was what they did with Team Rocket. For once in their lives, the comically incompetent trio, stopped being so useless and actually helped a little, (they also changed clothes and in the anime world when a character changes clothes, shit happens)
The best part was that they didn't appeared in every episode while using that motto that violated my pure childhood ...Of course it didn't last long, they started repeating ridigulous schemes to steal Pokemon, including Pikachu and we all know how this ends...

I also like the new Gym Leaders.

 I don't have anything against the ones from Kanto and the other regions ,I am just saying that I like them. They have new techniques and consequently more ways to kick trainer ass. Also, far more intresting than  the other Gym Leaders and more talented in my opinion. One question though...Why the first Gym Leaders Cilan/Dent , Chili/Pod Cress/Corn (the fuck is wrong with the English names btw?) are so ridiculously strong? The answer is simple: they are not. Their strength is normal. This question has one aim. To underline, once more the incopetence of Ash.

We have those three Gym Leaders, okay? They are supposed to be the most weak amongst all the Leaders at Unova. In Episode 5 of the Best Wishes season ,Ash decided to challenge the Gym Leaders.
(From right to left : Cilan ,Cress ,Chili)

Without a thought Ash decides to fight all three brothers and they agreed that if he wins at least two battles he has the right to take the Trio Badge.Minor details. Anyway:

The first battle for those who don't know was with the red-headed one,Chili ,who uses Fire-Type pokemon. And used the monkey-like Pokemon Pansear. Ash chose Tepig ,a pokemon he caught just a few episodes before. Not wanting to tire you with the details, Tepig won.

Then Ash fought Cress who used Panpour, a water-type Pokemon. And Ash decided to use his irriplacable partner Pikachu. Personally, I say great choice. Electric types are super effective against water-type, everyone knows that. And since Pikachu has won so many battles and is now super strong, a measly Panpour is like an ant waiting to be stomped on, right? WRONG. Cress beat the crap out of Pikachu without breaking a sweat. I think Cress is the strongest of the trio, and from what I saw is a strategic mastermind, but it doesn't matter. Pikachu. Lost. Again! UGH! You useless rat!

Well, Ash won the third battle with another Pokemon he had just caught.... So basically two untrained Pokemon won against two Gym Leaders but the oh-so powerful Pikachu lost...AGAIN! I think I'll just go to the corner of my room and cry my eyes out...

Ahem, enough with the Best Wishes series though.Let's talk for the Pokemon Universe in General ....
(Ecruteak City)

I think everyone would want to go there right? Having creatures that can become fucking strong; start your adventure and explore new worlds from the the age of ten; meet new people; beat Gym Leader (and Team Rocket) etc etc. It sounds great.
 But if you get through the first excitement you'll find out that the world of Pokemon is a little messed up.
Let's see why...

1.What do people eat?
Serioulsy now. Okay,  you get your milk from Miltanks and you have berries ,from which you can make wonderful desserts. There is infinite water I admit. But what about the meat?You can't expect everyone to be vegeterian. So, you eat the Pokemon???

2. WTF is wrong with Team Rocket?
There are hundreds of better and stronger Pokemon than this fucking Pikachu!(As proved before it's useless) Seriously it's so annoying it's not funny anymore. And where do they find all the money to built all this crazy mecha-shit in every episode?

3. It's dangerous!
You can get attacked by wild Beedrills and Fearows that might kill you if you piss them off.

4.Age gap...
Ash has travelled in 5 different regions, he won countless of battles, he entered various contests, he beat all these Gym Leaders and did all this shit and he is still 10 years old....

5. Brock hitting on every girl.

6. Scary Pokemon.
Some of the Ghost Pokemon although great at the game are fucking terrifing in the Pokemon world. Let's see one of my favourites.Gengar!
The following are actual PokeDex entries from various games.


Under a full moon, this Pokémon likes to mimic

the shadows of people and laugh at their fright.


Nothing more frightening that coming back to your house at night and seeing your shadow come to life while hearing Gengar's laugh...
To steal the life of its target, it slips into the 
prey's shadow and silently waits for an opportunity.
I don't know if I should even comment on that...
Generally though, I love Gengars and if I was magically transported to the Pokemon realm I would definately have one with me.

7.Team Rocket, Masterminds of disguises.
Why everyone is so stupid and do not get Team Rocket disguises? Seriously? I know this question is not original but man, it bugs me...

8.The whole concept of Pokemon. 
You make friends with  Pokemon, you catch them (or vice versa) and then you make them battle each other until one of them faints. I kind of understand N's feelings right now.

9. Parents are irrisponsible.
 They let 10 year's old children start their journey while creatures that may kill you, wonder about. And let's not forget all the evil organisations that are lurking around. Way to go parents...way to go...

I could count more but I think you get the big picture. I have a lot of crazy stuff for the game too, but now is not the time for that.

Anyway, the world of Pokemon is great but also messed up. So, if at some point a magic portal appears in front of me and informs that I have a chance to go to the world of Pokemon... Personally, I'll think twice.

Pokemon 6/10

Next Anime : Amnesia

No comments:

Post a Comment