Cute Pink Kaoani Anime Reviews: Skip Beat!

Saturday 14 September 2013

Skip Beat!


Okay I'm really excited for this!
I learned about Skip Beat while looking for funny anime. I love comedy! I watch all kind of anime because I love experimenting with different genre... Except drama... I don't like drama...
On the subject... I was looking for an anime that would be at least half as good as Ouran (Ouran High School Host Club a.k.a. OHSHC) or Maid-Sama. And I found this!

I started  the series with many doubts. I wasn't quite sure I was going to like it, but the story seemed good so I gave it a chance...

Totally Worth It!
(Really sorry couldn't find good quality opening)


The story focuses around a young girl named Mogami Kyouko whom left her house to help her childhood friend Shoutaro Fuwa become and idol. And becomes his ... servant. Kyouko doesn't care that  Shoutaro neglects her but then she accidentally eavesdrops on a conversation he had saying that she was nothing more than a pawn, a stepping stone that helped him become an idol. Kyouko then swears to become an idol herself and get revenge.


After watching the first episode I understood that this anime was perfect for me.
First of all the characters are amazing. Kyouko of course is the best and from the first episode there is clear character development. People who love dynamic characters are bound to adore Kyouko, whom steadily becomes someone who is worth to be called a protagonist. She is witty, smart, tough and will stop at nothing to achieve her goals. The way Kyouko interacts with people is always a wonder to see. She is unpredictable and has her own beliefs and she is never afraid to express her opinion. A strong character is the best protagonist, in my opinion

The plot is really good and the progress of the sotry is amazing. Not even once I got bored or said "Let's take a small break and do something else". It keeps you intrested throughout the whole series.

The Ending compared to the manga was more sudden yet completed somehow the story. Unless people read the manga the audience can make their assumptions as to what happened after that. Personally, I have yet to read the manga but I know I will someday.

I really didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did. I also didn't expect to finish the whole series in one day (25 episodes...)

I really would like to say more but this time don't want to spoil anything.

Skip Beat : 10/10

Next Anime: Blood Lad

No comments:

Post a Comment